April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month!
Use Your Power! Come out to our events during Sexual Assault Awareness Month #saam to learn more so you can #recognize dangerous situations, #support a friend, or learn how to #intervene. Tweet & instagram our hashtags. Ask for consent every time in every sexual encounter. Tell us about it at #iaskforconsent! Read about all our events at www.udel.edu/saam. Call Student Wellness at 831-3457 if you have questions about the events.
Support & Counseling
Support & Counseling Services Options:
- On-campus support is available by phone 24 hours/day from trained S.O.S. Victim Advocates. To contact S.O.S., call the Health Center at 302-831-2226. The staff will take a first name and phone number and the Victim Advocate on duty will call you back within 10 minutes.
- During the initial crisis period after victimization, one-on-one appointments for support, crisis intervention, and follow-up care are provided by the S.O.S. Coordinator. Call 302-831-3457 to make an appointment.
- Sexual Assault Survivors' Support Groups are also offered by S.O.S.. To find out more or get involved with the next group, contact Student Wellness & Health Promotion at 302-831-3457. Group closes after 2 sessions, so calling earlier in the semester is recommended.
- Counseling is available at the Center for Counseling and Student Development which is located above the bookstore in the Perkins Student Center. To make an appointment with an intake counselor, call the Counseling Center at 302-831-2141.
- If you are struggling with sexual abuse that occurred during childhood, you may wish to contact SOAR, Survivors Of Abuse in Recovery, at 302-655-3953. SOAR offers both individual and group counseling and functions on a sliding-fee scale for those without insurance.
- S.O.S. or the Counseling Center can make referrals to counselors in private practice who specialize in these topics. Call Student Wellness & Health Promotion and ask to speak to Angela for a referral, 302-831-3457. Or call the Counseling Center at 302-831-2141.
- Contact Lifeline offers rape crisis services similar to those provided by S.O.S. for the state of Delaware. Contact Lifeline offers regular support groups for sexual assault survivors in Wilmington and Newark. 1-800-262-9800.
- RAINN, Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network, offers a national hotline, by phone at 1-800-656-HOPE (4673) and online.
- Often it helps to tell someone you trust such as a close and trusted friend, parent, or other family member about the assault. Having a system of support is very important for survivors after a sexual assault.
To reach the SOS Victim Advocate on duty (24 hrs/day) call 302-831-2226. The person who answers will take a first name and phone number and the advocate will call you back within 10 minutes.
Bicycle Safety Program
218 Gore Hall
Presented & sponsored by Campus & Public Safety. For more info, contact the Community Resource Unit at 831-2224.