Spring 2015 Support Groups
Student Wellness & Health Promotion is offering a Sexual Assault Survivors' Support Group and a Healthy Relationships Support Group. They will not be open to the public. If interested, please call 831-3457 to schedule a 30-minute appointment. Group meetings will be 8-10 weeks, and will hopefully begin in the first week of March. Give yourself the gift of this experience!
Support & Counseling
Support & Counseling Services Options:
- On-campus support is available by phone 24 hours/day from trained S.O.S. Victim Advocates. To contact S.O.S., call the Health Center at 302-831-2226. The staff will take a first name and phone number and the Victim Advocate on duty will call you back within 10 minutes.
- During the initial crisis period after victimization, one-on-one appointments for support, crisis intervention, and follow-up care are provided by the S.O.S. Coordinator. Call 302-831-3457 to make an appointment.
- Sexual Assault Survivors' Support Groups are also offered by S.O.S.. To find out more or get involved with the next group, contact Student Wellness & Health Promotion at 302-831-3457. Group closes after 2 sessions, so calling earlier in the semester is recommended.
- Counseling is available at the Center for Counseling and Student Development which is located above the bookstore in the Perkins Student Center. To make an appointment with an intake counselor, call the Counseling Center at 302-831-2141.
- If you are struggling with sexual abuse that occurred during childhood, you may wish to contact SOAR, Survivors Of Abuse in Recovery, at 302-655-3953. SOAR offers both individual and group counseling and functions on a sliding-fee scale for those without insurance.
- S.O.S. or the Counseling Center can make referrals to counselors in private practice who specialize in these topics. Call Student Wellness & Health Promotion and ask to speak to Angela for a referral, 302-831-3457. Or call the Counseling Center at 302-831-2141.
- Contact Lifeline offers rape crisis services similar to those provided by S.O.S. for the state of Delaware. Contact Lifeline offers regular support groups for sexual assault survivors in Wilmington and Newark. 1-800-262-9800.
- RAINN, Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network, offers a national hotline, by phone at 1-800-656-HOPE (4673) and online.
- Often it helps to tell someone you trust such as a close and trusted friend, parent, or other family member about the assault. Having a system of support is very important for survivors after a sexual assault.
To reach the SOS Victim Advocate on duty (24 hrs/day) call 302-831-2226. The person who answers will take a first name and phone number and the advocate will call you back within 10 minutes.
Fundraiser for the Collegiate Recovery Community
Launch Trampoline Park
Come out and bounce to support UD's CRC! 25% of all proceeds raised from jump time will be donated by Launch to the CRC! All you have to do in mention the flyer or let them know you are there for the fundraiser for UD. Visit their website at LaunchDE.com
Get Up, Stand Up: Be a Courageous Bystander
Have you ever heard a sexist or homophobic joke and wished you had confronted it? Witnessed someone name-calling or hitting another person? Seen a man leading a heavily intoxicated woman into a room at a party and closing the door? Were you left with the nagging feeling that someone should have intervened...yet getting involved felt too risky? A "Courageous Bystander" is someone who takes an active role in promoting a respectful environment, or who takes action to safely and responsibly interfere with abusive attitudes, statements, or behaviors. This interactive program helps participants learn ways to be a courageous bystander and possibly save someone from victimization and trauma. Presented by UD's Sexual Offense Support (S.O.S.).
Run for Recovery 5K Run/Walk
Rockford Park, Wilmington, DE
The Collegiate Recovery Community at UD will have at table in support of the Limen House 5k. For more information about the Limen House program or to sign up for the 5k, go to their website at www.limenhouse.org