Free Empowerment Workshop!
Authors of the Book "Hear Me Roar" Jennifer Cassetta & Lindsey Smith will be at UD on Sat, Jan. 31st providing this FREE workshop designed to enhance self-confidence, positive body image, verbal & physical self-defense, and overall empowerment. 10am-3pm with lunch provided. Sponsored by Housing & Residence Life. Registration is required: http://bit.ly/HearMeRoarsignup
Responsibilities of Peer Educators
- Designing and presenting programs for residence halls and for other University and non-University groups (ex: high school students) on such topics as: nutrition, fitness, sexuality issues including HIV/AIDS, smoking cessation, massage, stress management, eating disorders, body image, and alternative health practices;
- Participating on campus-wide committees as student representatives of Student Wellness & Health Promotion to share student viewpoints about pertinent health information;
- Planning and assisting with special campus-wide events designed to make learning about wellness issues informative, interactive and fun;
- Providing individual peer consultation, including referral and confidential support;
- Attending weekly meetings, group social events, and special informational sessions;
- Assisting with inter-group administrative tasks;
- Recruiting and training new Pow! group members.
Potential Pow! members DO NOT have to be health-knowledgeable to join! We'll teach you all you need to know. All group members are volunteers; most are undergrads at the UD. Both men and women participate in our group, and we make it our practice to welcome and accept anyone who has the basic skills and, most importantly, the desire to perform the functions of the group. Preference in selection is given to individuals who can participate in the entire training as well as those who have significant time to dedicate to fulfilling the mission of the group.
For more information about the general expectations of POW! members and weekly functioning of the group, read our Expectations page.
Hear Me Roar! Workshop with Guest Speakers: Jennifer Cassetta & Lindsey Smith, authors of Hear Me Roar
Perkins Student Center
Shred negativity in your life. Learn how to defend your mind, body and heart. Focus on positive body image, gain self-confidence and empower yourself! Workshop is free and lunch will be provided, but space is limited so you must pre-register at: bit.ly/HearMeRoarsignup Made possible by an Enliven grant from the UD Provost. Sponsored by Housing and Residence Life. See the flyer.