Social Media Ambassadors
The University of Delaware's Social Media Ambassador (SMA) program is a unique and fun opportunity for students to gain professional social media experience before graduating.
SMAs capture the excitement of student life at the University and tell their stories using branded Twitter accounts as well as through Blue Hen Says, the University's social media account for students, by students.
Are you interested in becoming a Social Media Ambassador? Fill out this form.
Cover my event
If your department is hosting an event on-campus and you would like to request an SMA to attend, please fill out this request form.
Social Media Interns
Interns are an important part of the University of Delaware social media team.
Responsibilities include managing official UD social media accounts, such as Blue Hen Says on Facebook and Twitter, as well as video production, photography, writing and more.
UD's Office of Communications and Marketing accepts applications for social media interns before every semester, including Winter and Summer Sessions. Open positions usually include:
- Content manager(s): Content managers will run the Blue Hen Says Facebook and Twitter accounts. This includes creating content and strategies for multiple platforms, monitoring comments and interacting with Blue Hen Says’ audience members.
- Multimedia manager: The multimedia manager will create short videos and/or photo galleries and infographics for various platforms such as Vine, Instagram and Pinterest.
- Blog coordinator: The blog coordinator manages UD’s Tumblr account and works with departments across campus who have accounts to share and reblog content.
- Videographer: The videographer shoots and edits videos and assists OCM video producers in shoots for UD’s YouTube account.
- Outreach coordinator: This position assists in the management of the Social Media Ambassador (SMA) program, which includes developing event calendars for SMA coverage and coordinating marketing opportunities throughout the campus community.
- Special projects coordinator: The responsibilities of this position vary from semester to semester, but past projects have included researching and developing new strategies, launching new platforms, assisting with planning and covering social media events on-campus and creating contests and campaigns.
Interested students can look for announcements in UDaily each time intern recruitment begins for application details.