Launching in Fall 2017, the Cybersecurity Scholars Program will integrate with any major and train you to become a thought leader in cybersecurity. You will collaboratively assess the most pressing cyber-defense questions and develop both cultural and technical solutions.
Network with policymakers, defense specialists, and other experts in government and finance. Get connected to defense internships, mentoring and employment. Live and learn in a community with other Cybersecurity Scholars who share your passion.
You will enroll in a one-credit hour course each semester and also select from a range of possible activities, such as:
- participating in simulated emergency situations, including national or corporate cyberattacks, where you will take on a leadership role to address the crisis;
- analyzing and creating case studies for “headline” attacks;
- performing security “audits” of real companies and their policies;
- examining legal cases with local corporate law firms;
- analyzing white papers published by defense think tanks;
- taking trips to Capitol Hill to meet with key public officials and influencers; and
- visiting New York City to work with financial security experts and corporate decision-makers.
Application and selection process
All students who are admitted to the University of Delaware Newark campus are eligible to apply to participate in the Cybersecurity Scholars Program. Applicants will be asked to write two brief essays and participate in a telephone interview as part of the application and selection process.
Applicants will be notified of a decision no later than April 1.
For questions regarding admissions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 302-831-8123.