Student Initiative Fund
The Student Initiative Fund (SIF) exists so that individual residence hall students (not student groups, residence life staff members, or complex community councils) can put on a program for their floor, building, or complex community. Planning and holding an SIF event is a great opportunity for students to have a positive impact on their community, and enhance their resume, all while having lots of fun at no or little cost to themselves.
To request funds, please complete the SIF application, online and utilize the checklist. To find out more about successful SIF events, visit StUDent Central.
- Programs will be allocated up to $100.00
- There is an opportunity to request additional funding up to $40.00 (see section below)
- While we won’t be funding custom apparel, “make and takes” are a great way to get people together. (Crafts, tie-dying, etc.)
- Applications are for one-time events but multiple applications are welcome
- Planning a competition? Prize money can be allocated up to $15.00
You can request up to an additional $40.00 if your event qualifies for one of the following:
- Is this a service event?
- Is it going to be a late-night weekend event? (Fri. or Sat. after 9:30pm)
- Is it a certified environmentally sustainable program?*
*In order for your event to be certified environmentally sustainable, please fill out and submit the form via email upon completion of your SIF request.
Any questions about whether your event qualifies? Talk to you RA, RHC/HD, or anyone from the SIF Council