Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day
UD will celebrate the 25th-year anniversary of the Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day program on Thursday, April 26. This year’s national theme is Service Force: Agents of Positive Change. Registration is required to participate and will be available on this page in early April.
Our work life programs and services are designed to create a flexible environment that support employee success at work and at home. Employee resources, recognition, events and services are just a few of the ways we help make UD a great place to work.
Employee Assistance Programs
UD Resources and Services
- Diversity Network Caucus Groups
- Employee Health & Wellbeing
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Mass Transit & Parking Programs
- STAR Health
- Resources for Women at UD
Community Resources in Delaware
University of Delaware Attractions
- Ice Arena Building Rental–25% off for a party or event. Learn to Skate or Hockey Classes, type "UD STAFF" in the coupon box for $10 off the registration price
- Outdoor Pool–Discounted prices for memberships
- Season Tickets–Football and Basketball, call the ticket office directly at 302-831-2257, or visit the website to see all pricing as well as our upcoming promotional schedule
- Virden Center–Special discounts through Conference Services
- PNC Workplace Banking–PNC is proud to offer faculty, staff, and employees, a complete set of money management tools with great features and exclusive benefits to help you achieve your financial goals. Learn how WorkPlace Banking can benefit you.
- Del-One Federal Credit Union–Membership is open to all permanent employees of the University of Delaware, permanent employees of ARAMARK Dining Services working at UD, and members of their immediate families.
- Liberty Mutual–Auto, Homeowner, Renter's Insurance eligibility details
- Genworth–Long-Term Care Insurance eligibility details
- Cellular Telephone Services-these vendors provide discounts to UD employees.
Housing & Utilities
- Home Purchase Assistance-UD's mortgage assistance
- Hunters Crossing Apartments–$50.00 off monthly rent
- The Apartments at Iron Ridge–Discounts are available to UD Employees. 1/2 off first month's rent. Contact Janet Robinson, Leasing Manager at 410-398-8499.
- Verizon FiOS–Discounts are available to UD employees. Visit the website for more information.
- Delaware Express Shuttle 302-454-7800, Discount Number: 114906
- Egencia–24/7 Corporate Agents: 800-997-1495 or 702-939-2532