The School of Nursing has several named scholarships that are awarded to undergraduate students. In most cases, scholarships are renewed annually provided that the criteria continue to be met (i.e., GPA, financial need, etc.). Scholarships are not transferable to another major and are forfeited if the student changes his/her major outside of medical technology.
- School of Nursing scholarships require a student to be enrolled in the nursing major and are not transferrable to another major. Scholarships awarded at the University level may or may not be transferrable. Please check with the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid for more information.
- In many cases scholarships may be renewed annually provided the scholarship criteria continue to be met (e.g., GPA, financial need, residency, etc). Your award letter may stipulate whether or not your scholarship is renewable. For non-renewable scholarships, you will need to reapply each year.
- Some scholarships are based on financial need. Financial need is determined by the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid and requires the completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA form) each year.
- If you have completed the FAFSA form and your personal circumstances have changed (e.g., job loss, death of a family member), please contact the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid to file an appeal. For more information, click here
- Academic merit is typically defined as a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale). Some scholarships have different stipulations.
- Scholarship monies are awarded once a year for the entire academic year. Applications are due May 1st of each year for the following academic year.
- Applicants must complete the Scholarship Application.
- The School of Nursing will match the applicant to the appropriate scholarship(s). You do not need to identify the scholarship.
- In addition to general information about your academic and extracurricular achievements, make sure to describe how you meet the criteria for each specific scholarship for which you are applying.
- Applicants must submit their application by the following deadlines:
- May 1st for monies distributed in the following academic year
Special Instructions for Incoming Freshman Students
- First year scholarships are awarded through the Admissions Office (302-831-8123) rather than the School of Nursing.
- Incoming freshman students may be eligible for need-based federal aid. To determine eligibility, incoming freshman will need to complete the FAFSA application. Tax information is necessary to complete the FAFSA form.
- Nursing scholarships through the School of Nursing are ONLY AVAILABLE to sophomore, junior, and senior students–they may be applied for in ones’ freshman year.