Alumni Weekend Registration
Online registration is now closed. You can register in person, but please note that many events will be sold out. Please contact UD Alumni Relations at 302-831-2341 or email@example.com if you have any questions. Return to website.
Alumni Weekend 2013 will be extra special for the Classes of 1963, 1988, 1993, 1998, 2003 and 2008, who will celebrate their milestone reunions planned by hard-working volunteer committees of their classmates!
Class reunion committees have been meeting every month planning the festivities, so if it is your reunion year, don't miss the chance to join your classmates in celebrating. Also help your class make a difference by making a gift in honor of your reunion today!
Class reunion celebration information:
- Class of 1963 - 50 year Reunion Celebration - Saturday, June 1, 6-11 p.m.
Roselle Center for the Arts, $40. Includes dinner, one Memories Booklet, and entertainment. Cash bar.
- Class of 1988 - 25 year Reunion Celebration - Saturday, June 1, 6-9 p.m.
Deer Park Tavern, 2nd Floor, $15. Includes buffet dinner, 2 drink tickets, entertainment & giveaways.
- Class of 1993 - 20 year Reunion Celebration - Friday, May 31, 6-9 p.m.
Courtyard Marriott (400 David Hollowell Dr.), $10. Includes heavy appetizers, 2 drink tickets, and giveaway.
- Class of 1998 - 15 year Reunion Celebration - Friday, May 31, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Klondike Kate's, 2nd Floor, $10. Includes heavy appetizers, 2 drink tickets, giveaway, and entertainment.
- Class of 2003 - 10 year Reunion Celebration - Saturday, June 1, 4-7 p.m.
Kildare's Irish Pub (45. E. Main Street), $15. Includes heavy appetizers, giveaway, 2 drink tickets, and a DJ.
- Class of 2008 - 5 year Reunion Celebration - Saturday, June 1, 4-7 p.m.
Perkins Student Center Patio, $25. Includes heavy appetizers, 2 drink tickets, DJ, and photo booth.
More information for the Class of 1963:
- The Class of 1963 will host two extra events: a Meet & Greet Reception on Friday, May 31 from 7 – 10 p.m. at Timothy's of Newark (100 Creek View Rd.), and a Farewell Brunch on Sunday, June 2 at the Courtyard Marriott from 10 a.m. – Noon.
- Class members are encouraged to bring copies of their published books to the reunion celebration dinner on Saturday, June 1, 6-11 p.m. at the Roselle Center for the Arts. (During the event, books are for display only and not for sale.)
- Classmates are also encouraged to bring memorabilia with them to the event to display on the memorabilia table. Memorabilia could include beanies, blazers, sports items, handbooks, sliderules, anything interesting from UD from the 60s.
- The 50th reunion committee is preparing a Memories Booklet. Each class member will be allotted a full page highlighting your recollections of life at UD and after graduation, your yearbook photo and a recent photo. Email Memories Booklet coordinator Midge K’Burg Willard at firstname.lastname@example.org and put “UD63” on the subject line for more information.
Looking ahead to Alumni Weekend 2014, UD will be celebrating reunions for the classes of 1964, 1989, 1994, 1999, 2004 and 2009. If you are interested in getting involved with your reunion planning committee, please email UDemail@example.com for more information.
Gold Guard Program
Saturday, June 1, 9 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
If you graduated in 1963 or before, then you are considered part of UD's Gold Guard, which is composed of graduates who have been alumni for 50 years or more. All Gold Guard members are invited each year to special programming at Alumni Weekend.
9-10 a.m. - Coffee Hour Connections,
Clayton Hall atrium
10-11 a.m. - Campus bus tour or your choice of educational seminars listed below:
- Take Award-Winning Photos with Your Smartphone!
- How to Find Your Ancestors and Their Siblings on the Web
- The Use of Multimedia In Presentations – Mongolia, The Land of Chinggis Kahn
11 a.m. - Reception, Clayton Hall atrium
11:30 a.m. - Gold Guard Luncheon and Class of 1963 Induction Ceremony
12:45 p.m. - Dessert & Dialogue, Clayton Hall atrium
1:30 p.m. - Bus to State of the University
2-3:15 p.m. - State of the University, Mitchell Hall
3:30 p.m. - Bus returns to Clayton Hall
3:45-4:45 p.m. - Bus tour of campus
To register for the Gold Guard program, or for any other events during Alumni Weekend, click the big yellow "Register" button at the top right hand corner of this website.
Affinity groups of all kinds are getting together during Alumni Weekend. See below for the basics and view the Alumni Weekend schedule page for all the details!
Friday, May 31 affinity reunions:
- Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering Alumni Reception
4:30 – 6 p.m., 301 DuPont Hall
- Office of Admissions Volunteers Reception
5 – 7 p.m., University Visitors Center (210 S. College Ave.)
- Club Sports Alumni Reception
5:30 – 7:30 p.m., Catherine Rooney's (102 E. Main St.)
- Student Athlete Alumni Reception
6 – 8 p.m., Deer Park Tavern
- Lambda Chi Alumni Reunion
6 – 8 p.m., Lambda Chi House (163 W. Main St.)
- Honors Program Reception
6 – 8 p.m., Honors Program Building (186 S. College Ave.)
- SGA & DUSC Alumni Reunion
6 – 8 p.m., Grotto Pizza (45 E. Main St.)
- Chabad Wine Pairing Shabbat Reception for Alumni
6 – 9 p.m., Chabad House (262 South College)
- Physical Therapy Alumni Reception
7:30 – 8:45 p.m., Physical Therapy Clinic (053 McKinley Laboratory)
Saturday, June 1 affinity reunions:
- Physical Therapy Alumni Breakfast
9– 10 a.m., Physical Therapy Clinic (333 McKinley Laboratory)
- UD Wesley Foundation Campus Ministry Community Service Project
10 – 11:30 a.m., Newark United Methodist Church (69 E. Main St.)
- Hillel Bagels & Lox Brunch
10 – 11:30 a.m., Kristol Center for Jewish Life (47 W. Delaware Ave.)
- Center for Economic Education & Entrepreneurship MAEEE Brunch hosted by Lerner College of Business & Economics
10 a.m. – Noon, Alfred Lerner Hall Atrium
- Spirit Ambassadors/Student Alumni Ambassadors Alumni Brunch
11 a.m. – 1 p.m., Klondike Kate's
- HRIM Alumni BBQ
11 a.m. – 1 p.m., Courtyard Marriott
- Residence Life Staff Reunion
11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m., George Read North Lounge
- UD Wesley Foundation Campus Ministry Luncheon
11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m., Newark United Methodist Church (69 E. Main St.)
- Chabad Lox and Bagel Brunch
Noon – 2 p.m., Chabad (262 South College Ave.)
- CANCELLED - Cheerleading Alumni Reunion
The Cheerleading reunion has been cancelled. In lieu of a reunion, we hope all cheerleaders will opt to come instead to the Student Athlete Alumni / Athletics reception on Friday, May 31 at Deer Park, 6-8 p.m.
- Student Centers Programming Advisory Board Reunion (SCPAB)
4 – 6 p.m., Kildare's Irish Pub (45 E. Main St.)