Delaware Stadium to host seven home football games
SPORTS | Seven home games, including three straight non-league matchups to open the season, highlight the 2012 football schedule.
The Blue Hens will host Colonial Athletic Association opponents Maine, Rhode Island, Towson and Villanova. Maine advanced to the NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision quarterfinals last fall, while Towson won the CAA title and advanced to the NCAA Tournament.
UD is coming off a 2011 season that saw the Blue Hens post a 7-4 record and win the final three games for head coach K.C. Keeler, who begins his 11th season this fall. Delaware returns 21 players with starting experience, including All-CAA selections in running back Andrew Pierce, wide receiver Nihja White, linebacker Paul Worrilow and cornerback and kick returner Travis Hawkins.
Joining the returning players will be 10 high school recruits and transfers Trent Hurley from Bowling Green and Sam Collura from Pittsburgh.
Here is the complete schedule. All game times are tentative and could be altered due to television schedules.
- Aug. 30 vs. West Chester 7:30 p.m.
- Sept. 8 vs. Delaware State (Route 1 Rivalry) 3:30 p.m.
- Sept. 15 vs. Bucknell (Band Day) 3:30 p.m.
- Sept. 22 at William & Mary time TBA
- Sept. 29 at New Hampshire time TBA
- Oct. 6 vs. Maine (Parents & Family Weekend) 3:30 p.m.
- Oct. 20 vs. Rhode Island (Homecoming) 3:30 p.m.
- Oct. 27 at Old Dominion time TBA
- Nov. 3 vs. Towson (Hall of Fame Day) 3:30 p.m.
- Nov. 10 at Richmond time TBA
- Nov. 17 vs. Villanova (Battle of the Blue) 3:30 p.m.
Ticket sales: For information about season or single-game tickets for the 2012 football season, visit www.bluehens.com or call (302) 831-2257.