IT-Client Support & Services
Client Support & Services (IT-CS&S) is often the first point of contact for students, faculty members, and staff members seeking help with technology. IT-CS&S focuses on helping the UD community use technology effectively and efficiently. IT-CS&S staff members also take the lead supporting productivity, research, and instructional tools for the UD community, student computing, research computing applications, LearnIT@UD, and assistance with hardware and software issues.
Support for Purchasing and Owning Technology
- Support Center Questions and Answers
- UDeploy Software Distribution
- Computing system purchase and support Questions
Instruction & Faculty Support
- Sakai @ UD
- LearnIT@UD computing classes
- LearnIT@UD Learning resources - on-line resources, handouts, and classes
The Research Computing team supports research at the University of Delaware and State agencies by providing access to databases essential to scholarly research, policy formation, information infrastructure, development, and economic growth.
Our support of research computing also includes helping researchers use the new Mills computing cluster and recruiting more researchers for future computing clusters.
Consulting services include assistance with data analysis, data extraction, statistical and mathematical software, geographic information systems, and scientific visualization software.
- Geospatial and Survey Support Facility
- Survey and data collection form
development and deployment
- Printed (OMR) scannable forms, Web-based surveys using Qualtrics
- Networked access to major data
- Survey data, U.S. Census data, Geodatabases for GIS applications
- Mathematical software and programming libraries, Statistical and database software, GIS (Geographic Information Systems) software, Scientific text-processing software, General UNIX system usage