University of Delaware Library Associates elects officers for 2014
9:10 a.m., Jan. 14, 2014--The University of Delaware Library Associates, the “friends group” of the University of Delaware Library, held the annual meeting of the board of directors on Tuesday, Nov. 19, 2013.
The organization elected the following officers for calendar year 2014:
UD celebrates with the Vice President
- President Wilson J. C. Braun Jr., managing director and chairman of the Mid-Atlantic region, J.P. Morgan Private Bank;
- Senior Vice President Theodore F. Killheffer, UD Class of 1958, retired from the DuPont Company and now private attorney;
- Vice President Edmond L. Lincoln, retired investment banker;
- Treasurer Joseph P. Melloy Sr., retired from IBM Company and now president, Technology Planning Group;
- Secretary Marsha Barnett, court appointed special advocate (CASA), state of Delaware; and
- Assistant Secretary/Treasurer Susan Brynteson, vice provost and May Morris University Librarian, University of Delaware.
At the Nov. 19 meeting, Braun presented a gift check of $40,000 on behalf of the University of Delaware Library Associates to Provost Domenico Grasso and Brynteson. The contribution will be used in its entirety to assist with the purchase of acquisitions of materials for Special Collections in the University Library.
The University of Delaware Library Associates work to expand and enrich the research collections of the University Library through gifts from individual members, funds raised by sponsored programs and by donations of significant books.
Contributions of the University of Delaware Library Associates assist the University Library financially with the acquisition of rare library materials for Special Collections which otherwise could not be acquired.
The Library Associates also support an annual lecture program featuring the research of a UD faculty member and sponsor an exhibition program with a reception.
The Library Associates sponsor an annual fund-raising dinner that includes a presentation by an author of national acclaim, and members receive the semi-annual Newsletter of the University of Delaware Library Associates.
The University of Delaware Library Associates welcomes new members. Contributions begin at $35 per year and include a special rate of $5 per year for students. The membership brochure of the Library Associates is available via the University Library website. To request a printed membership brochure, interested persons can send an email message to UDLA@udel.edu or contact Library Administration at 302-831-2231.