It is important that, whenever possible, you use supported versions of software on your computers, tablets, smartphones, and other Internet-capable devices. If you use software for which a vendor does not provide security updates, you could endanger information stored on your computer or device and your computer or network accounts. The best way your can protect your computer is through enabling automatic software updates, and allowing them to run as frequently as possible.
This list of versions of major software packages supported by the vendors and by the University was last updated in February 2015.
For information about software not listed on this page, consult the vendor’s website, contact your department or college’s IT professionals, or contact the IT Support Center.
- Mac OS—Version OS 10.8 or later (More information).
- Windows—Vista or later (More information).
- iOS—Version 4.2 or later. See the iOS support matrix for specific details.
- Android—All versions are currently supported.
- Internet Explorer—Version 11 or later (More information).
- Firefox—Visit the Firefox deployment history page to check your version of Firefox and download newer versions.
- Chrome-Visit the Chrome Release site to check your version of Chrome and download the newest version if you do not get automatic updates.
- Mac Users-Version 9.6 or newer.
- Windows Users-Version 8.8 or newer.
- (More information)
- Any Connect VPN client software—Versions 3.1 and later (More information)
- WinSCP—Download the most recent version at UDeploy.
- PuTTY—Version .63 or later. Visit UDeploy to download the latest version.