QUEST: [Overview] | [2015 Peer Mentor Application] | [2015 Returning Peer Mentor Application] | [Photos] | [QUEST: A New Generation of Student Leaders]
Blue Hen Leadership Program Presents
QUEST: a First Year Summer Leadership Experience
Question in order to challenge the process
Understand that leadership is a quest, a journey towards self awareness
Transform yourself and impact the world in positive ways
QUEST 2015, a selective program for 72 freshmen, will take place from Tuesday, August 25 through Saturday, August 29. Students participating in QUEST will be able to move into their assigned residence halls early on Wednesday, August 26. They will spend the first night in residence halls on North Campus. The cost of the program is $450.00.
Applications for QUEST will be available from June 1 through July 6th.
- Participants will foster connections among freshmen, leadership mentors and staff
- Participants will engage in experiences that contribute to an understanding of what it means to be a respectful
and contributing member of a diverse community
- Participants will identify personal goals and learn how personal awareness and decision making can impact one's
ability to achieve success
- Participants will understand that developing as a leader is a process that involves self awareness, relationships,
skills, service to others and transformation.
Participants will be able to
- Identify a set of personal values
- Create a list of SMART goals for the fall semester
- Identify their personal leadership style
- Learn to work effectively as part of a team
- Articulate concepts of various leadership models
- Learn to face fear, take risks, face challenges
- Identify tools for success at UD
- Form a cohort/social support network of classmates with similar goals and interests
will be conducted by Susan Luchey, Associate Director of Student Centers for Leadership Development; Matthew
Creasy, Assistant Director for the Blue Hen Leadership Program; peer mentors who have completed the
Emerging Leader level of the UD Blue Hen Leadership Program.
For more information, contact Susan Luchey at email@example.com
or by calling 302-831-0091.