QUEST: [Overview] | [2015 Peer Mentor Application] | [2015 Returning Peer Mentor Application] | [Photos] | [QUEST: A New Generation of Student Leaders]
Blue Hen Leadership Program Presents
QUEST: a First Year Summer Leadership Experience
Question in order to challenge the process
Understand that leadership is a quest, a journey towards self awareness
Transform yourself and impact the world in positive ways
QUEST is an opportunity for University of Delaware freshmen to get an early start on a journey of self discovery and
personal leadership development and to gain the confidence that will support a successful student experience.
- Participants will foster connections among freshmen, leadership mentors and staff
- Participants will engage in experiences that contribute to an understanding of what it means to be a respectful
and contributing member of a diverse community
- Participants will identify personal goals and learn how personal awareness and decision making can impact one's
ability to achieve success
- Participants will understand that developing as a leader is a process that involves self awareness, relationships,
skills, service to others and transformation.
Participants will be able to
- Identify a set of personal values
- Create a list of SMART goals for the fall semester
- Identify their personal leadership style
- Learn to work effectively as part of a team
- Articulate concepts of various leadership models
- Learn to face fear, take risks, face challenges
- Identify tools for success at UD
- Form a cohort/social support network of classmates with similar goals and interests
will be conducted by Susan Luchey, Associate Director of Student Centers for Leadership Development; Matthew
Creasy, Assistant Director for the Blue Hen Leadership Program; peer mentors who have completed the
Emerging Leader level of the UD Blue Hen Leadership Program.
For more information, contact Susan Luchey at email@example.com
or by calling 302-831-0091.