Find us on FacebookFollow us on TwitterTrabant TodayPerkins Today
University Student Centers
Frequently Asked Questions

The Student Involvement Office in Perkins 015G and Trabant 217 oversees RSOs, Greek Life, USC Bus Trips and USC programming.

Any questions related to registering, financing and/or running a Registered Student Organization, joining and/or running a Greek chapter, participating in a USC Bus Trip and all aspects of USC programming are best handled by the Student Involvement Office.

The Event Services Office in Perkins 107 and Trabant 103 oversees room reservations, building maintenance and security, the StUDent Central portal, student media organizations and student marketing efforts.

Any questions related to reserving a room/locker/banner space, procuring items for events held in the USC, using the StUDent Central portal and all aspects of marketing in/around the USC are best handled by the Event Services Office.

The Leadership Development Office in Trabant 157A oversees the Blue Hen Leadership Program.

Any questions related to the Blue Hen Leadership Program are best handled by the Leadership Development Office.

click on the category of your choice to expand/contract questions

General Student Involvement Questions
How do I start/restart my RSO?
Check out the Student Involvement page to find out how to start/restart a Registered Student Organization.

How do I contact other RSOs?
Contact information for all RSOs can be found on StUDent Central.

How can I get money for my RSO?
Check out the Funding For RSOs section of the Forms Page for more information on RSO funding.

What kind of fundraisers can my RSO hold?
Check out the Resources for RSO Treasurers section of the Forms Page for more information on RSO fundraising.

Can my RSO ask corporations for money?
No, RSOs cannot seek corporate support. Exceptions may only be made by the Associate Director of Student Involvement in consultation with the UD Development Office.

Where can I get a car/van/bus for my organization?
You can reserve a car or van from the UD Motor Pool or a bus through Transportation Services; the necessary form can be found in the RSOs Leaving Campus section of the Forms Page.

Are internal account charges automatically paid?
No, you will receive a bill in the mail to your local address asking you to write a check to the University of Delaware paying your organization's internal account.

Can I call Citizens Bank to get my organization's bank balance?
No, Citizens Bank will not give you account information. Citizens wants you to work through the Student Involvement Office.

Can I send anyone to the Student Involvement Office to pick up the signed checks?
No, the treasurer should be the one to pick up all checks & receipts for the club.

Do I have to endorse all the checks for a deposit and how do I endorse them?
Yes with the club name, account number, and "For Deposit Only."

Do I need a completed deposit receipt with my deposit?
Yes. We will take care of the actual deposit, but we need all of the information filled out from your group.

Should I give the receipt back to the person I am reimbursing?
No. You must keep all receipts in your Treasurer's Book.

close section

General Event Services Questions
How do I reserve a room?
Room reservations are made online from the Forms Page; simply fill out the form that relates to your organization. A representative will contact you to let you know if you have the space or not, and if any additional information is needed. Please be advised that the initial email you receive following the submission of your request is only a confirmation of receipt of the request, and not a confirmation for the reservation itself.

How do I cancel a room?
Room cancellations are made online from the Forms Page and must be received by 3:30pm on the last business day preceding the reservation. Reservations for the Multipurpose Room MUST be cancelled 2 weeks prior to the reservation date. Cancellations or no-shows with less than 2 weeks notice will incur a cancellation fee of $500.00.

Can I have food/music/movies/animals/etc. at my event?
Check out the Policies Page for detailed answers on all of your event-related questions. If you still have questions regarding your event, contact the Event Services office at (302)831-2633.

How do I make/update a website for my RSO?
All RSOs have a webpage on StUDent Central. To create a more complex web presence for your group, please see the RSO Website guide [PDF]

How can I get my events promoted on and
StUDentEvents social media posts are created from events on StUDent Central. Due to the high volume of events, not all programs will be selected for promotion; feel free to follow up with us at if you wish to ensure your event will be promoted.

Where else can I promote my events on campus?
Check out the Forms Page for submission links to all UD media outlets.

Where can I post my flyers and posters?
RSOs and University Departments can consult the Posting Flyers on Campus Policy for guidelines on posting campus events. Please be advised that the USC bulletin boards are restricted to events sponsored or co-sponsored by University entities.

How do I know what my organization needs for its event?
It is best to schedule a meeting with an Events coordinator, especially if you are planning an event for the first time. To schedule a meeting, call (302)831-2633.

I represent a musician/comedian/band/etc. and I want them to perform at the University Student Centers. How can I make this happen?
If you are not part of a performing arts RSO, you can submit materials for consideration to the Student Centers Programming Advisory Board (SCPAB). Should they have interest in booking you, they will contact you directly.

close section
  Bringing Students Together!
StUDent Central          Greek Life          BHLP          USC Bus Trips          Student Life