United Way campaign
Campus community to collect items to support Children and Families First
8:18 a.m., Nov. 2, 2012--The University of Delaware’s 2012 United Way campaign – co-chaired by Interim Provost Nancy Brickhouse, interim provost, and Jennifer (J.J.) Davis, vice president for finance and administration – will participate in two drives to collect backpacks, school supplies and personal items for Children and Families First, a United Way partner agency.
Donations will be accepted from Monday, Nov. 5, through Friday, Nov. 16.
Ice cream finalists
New Castle County – The University will collect backpacks and school supplies for Eastside community schools, including Bancroft, Stubbs and Elbert-Palmer.
Collection bins can be found in the following locations on the Newark campus:
- Office of Human Resources, 413 Academy Street;
- Office of the Vice President for Finance and Administration, 220 Hullihen Hall;
- Procurement, 104 General Services Building; and
- Employee Wellness, near the trophy cases in the lobby of the Carpenter Sports Building.
Kent and Sussex counties – The University also will collect personal items in Kent County, which will benefit students served in foster care programs, and in Sussex County, which will benefit both the Seaford School District and Seaford House, a residential treatment facility.
Collection bins can be found in the following locations:
- Facilities Maintenance and Operations, in the Hooper Marine Operations Building in Lewes; and
- Carvel Research and Education Center, main office building, Georgetown.
Children and Families First provides services to thousands of people across the state of Delaware each year in support of its mission to help families develop solutions to meet challenges and embrace opportunities. Programs cover the lifespan, forming a comprehensive continuum of quality social and mental health services.
Those with questions regarding these United Way partner agency events can email Michele Jones at email@example.com.