Aug. 22: One World, One Health
UD to host inaugural animal, human, environmental health symposium
10:50 a.m., July 25, 2012--The University of Delaware will host the inaugural animal, human, and environmental health symposium, Global Thinking for the Greater Good: Interdisciplinary Health Discourse and Research, in the Townsend Hall Commons on Wednesday, Aug. 22.
The event is sponsored by the UD College of Agriculture and Natural Resources (CANR), the College of Health Sciences (CHS), and the Delaware Environmental Institute (DENIN) in collaboration with the U.S. Department of Agriculture-Agricultural Research Service (USDA-ARS).
Dec. 22: Creamery Claus
Dec. 24-Jan. 2: Holiday skating
The agenda includes:
- Highlights of regional interdisciplinary health efforts;
- UD resources for graduate students, career planning, and the transition from graduate school to the workforce;
- Organized networking session to meet potential research collaborators;
- Panel discussion on interdisciplinary grant applications;
- Poster session; and
- Tours of the CANR farm and gardens.
The symposium is free, but registration is required. To register, visit the website.
Article by Diane Kukich