Jan. 17: Grant writing workshop
Center of Biomedical Research Excellence sponsors grant writing workshop
9:11 a.m., Jan. 3, 2013--The Center of Biomedical Research Excellence (COBRE) at the University of Delaware is sponsoring a grant writing workshop to be held from 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 17, in 116 Gore Hall.
The workshop is designed for senior graduate students, post-doctoral researchers and junior faculty.
A strong partnership
Session topics include an introduction to the National Institutes of Health and the components of an R01 proposal from both a basic science and clinical research viewpoint.
Career development awards and interpreting and responding to summary statements will also be discussed.
A University of Delaware Research Office representative will review the tools and resources available on campus to assist with writing and submitting proposals, as well as helpful tips for contacting program officers. A question and answer session is also planned. Panelists include:
- Thomas Buchanan, director of the Delaware Rehabilitation Institute and George W. Laird Professor of Mechanical Engineering and professor of biomedical engineering;
- Leigh Botner, research development director for the Research Office;
- Randall Duncan, chair of the Department of Biological Sciences and professor of biological sciences and mechanical engineering;
- Dawn Elliott, director of the biomedical engineering program; and
- Lynn Snyder-Mackler, Alumni Distinguished Professor of Physical Therapy.
Seating is limited and early registration is encouraged.