Sept. 30: Taste of Newark
Tickets are now available for ninth annual Taste of Newark
11:22 a.m., Aug. 14, 2012--Tickets are now available for the ninth annual Taste of Newark, which will be held from noon-3 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 30, on the lawn of the University of Delaware’s Old College.
Tickets cost $45 prior to the event and $60 at the door. The number of tickets is limited and they generally sell out quickly.
April 16, 18: Fighting hunger
April 16: Art history lecture
Tickets can be purchased through the city of Newark Planning and Development Office located in the Municipal Building, 220 Elkton Road, or by calling 302-366-7030.
At the Taste of Newark event, guests have the opportunity to savor the culinary delights of more than 45 Newark restaurants, accompanied by the wares of the finest area wine distributors.
A feature of Taste of Newark is the Battle of the Chefs, now in its fourth year. The battle features the city’s best chefs, who will have one hour to concoct delectable masterpieces from a secret list of ingredients. The chefs are:
- Eric Aber and Brian Mackey of Home Grown Café;
- Andy Matulaitis and Jesse Jones of the Stone Balloon Winehouse;
- Chantell Orellana and Jeff Brittingham of Marriott’s Courtyard Newark at the University of Delaware campus hotel;
- Ryan German of Caffe Gelato Restaurant;
- Rich Colliss of Cucina Di Napoli; and
- Jeff Matyger of Taverna, currently at Capers and Lemons in Wilmington.
The rain location is at UD’s Clayton Hall.
Taste of Newark helps support UD's Department of Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Management and the Downtown Newark Partnership.