Summer Faculty Institute
University's Summer Faculty Institute to be held May 29-June 1
9:45 a.m., May 21, 2012--The University of Delaware's 2012 Summer Faculty Institute will be held over four days, May 29-June 1, in Gore Hall.
The institute, designed to meet the needs of everyone who teaches at UD, will feature 30 faculty presentations, a range of hands-on working sessions and free lunches.
First Friday Roundtable
Following are some of the highlights of what those who register can expect:
- Participants will learn proven teaching techniques from invited faculty guests and UD faculty.
- IT staff will help participants make connections between the session topics and their courses.
- Participants will leave with a better understanding of what's possible using technology and the skills to apply the techniques to their courses.
- The invited guest speakers (Sidneyeve Matrix and Mk Haley) will each present a follow-up workshop to their keynote presentations.
- Afternoon breakout sessions will provide participants a chance to pick topics of interest for small group interaction with technical assistance from IT staff.
- Live video feeds, recorded sessions, interactive conference website, photo streams and active social media feeds capture and expand the richness of the event.
- Participants can stay connected throughout the week using their own laptop or other device.
- Many speakers and topics are new this year, including a one-day iPad Institute.
- Register to attend one or more days. Those can't attend the event in person are invited to register to receive a web link to the live video stream.
A Summer Faculty Institute representative said the most popular reason to attend "is the personal connection you can make to colleagues."