- Sketch graphs to represent the motion of an object, and describe motion
as represented by a graph.
- Calculate the speed and acceleration of an object using data (gathered
experimentally or derived from graphs).
- Design and conduct a series of investigations to determine how changing
an object's mass and forces acting on an object affect its motion.
- Use knowledge of forces that cause motion to solve realistic automobile
- Understand relation between speed and stopping distance graphically.
- Understand and be able to explain the transfer of energy in many different
phenomena, including automobile accidents.
- Calculate the distance from intersection that a car can safely go
through or should stop.
- Explain how seatbelt and airbags work and why they minimize forces
on a person in an accident.