Protect and clean your computer
Before you use your computer on campus, you must follow the instructions below to set up your computer securely. After following these instructions, you will reasonably protect your computer from viruses and security breaches. Moreover, these instructions will ensure compliance with the University's computer-related policies.
Click your operating system below for how-to instructions specific to your system.
Not sure which version of Windows or Mac OS your computer is running?
- To check a Windows system:
- Right-click My Computer or Computer and choose Properties.
- The version of the operating system is displayed on the General tab under System.
- To check a Macintosh system:
- From the Apple menu (Apple icon), choose About this Mac.
- The version of the operating system is displayed towards the top of the window.