Graduates of the programs of the Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures will have demonstrated the following:
- Linguistic Proficiency / Communication Skills in the target language
Students will function in the target language (speaking, writing, listening, and reading).
- Cultural Understanding / International Experience
- Students will demonstrate understanding of cultural practices, products, and perspectives in the target culture(s).
- Students will experience the target culture firsthand and reflect on their experience, thus gaining new perspectives on their own culture as well.
- Appreciation of World Literatures
Students will analyze and interpret literature in the target language.