Financial Aid Application Procedure
Students should fill out the loan application FAFSA as soon as they know that they will need financial aid for the Internship period. Even if you are not sure of the need for financial aid at the time of application, it is recommended that you fill out the FAFSA form. This form will be canceled should you decide that you will not need the financial aid. The following is a step-by step outline for the application process.
- Fill out the FAFSA form available at www.fafsa.ed.gov (You should do this step as soon as possible after you are admitted into the internship.) The code for the University of Delaware is 001431.
- Look for a loan acceptance letter in the mail that you are required to sign and return.
- Look for a promissory note in the mail that you are required to sign and return.
- Fill out the Entrance Counseling Form on the web at www.dl.ed.gov
- Click on entrance counseling.
- Click on tutorial.
- Read through about 20 pages.
- Register without pin.
- Take quiz.
- Print out quiz pages.
- Fax to Financial Aid Office at (302) 831-4334
- If you have any questions about any step in this process, please contact: Student Financial Services at (302) 831-2126.
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT INTERNS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO BEGIN THEIR ROTATIONS UNTIL ALL ARRANGEMENTS FOR FINANCIAL AID HAVE BEEN COMPLETED.