The second module enables the coach to develop their coaching skills during an apprenticeship in their respective sport. The apprenticeship is designed so that the participants have the opportunity to shadow a U.S. National Team coach or an equivalent high-level club or university coach. The second module will give coaches the opportunity share and learn from new methods or applied technologies being utilized in their sport and acquire knowledge and information that can be shared upon returning to their country to further develop their sport. Participants will continue to work on their projects during the apprenticeship and communicate with their assigned tutor. Upon completion of the apprenticeship, the participants will be required to prepare a brief report on their experience.
EXAMPLES OF PREVIOUS APPRENTICESHIP SITES:
- U.S. Olympic Training Center, Colorado Springs, Colorado USA
- U.S. Olympic Training Center, Chula Vista, California USA
- Pennsylvania State University, Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, State College, Pennsylvania USA
- Princeton University, Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, Princeton, New Jersey
- University of Delaware, Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, Newark, Delaware USA
- North Baltimore Aquatic Club, Baltimore, Maryland USA