Siegfried Youth Leadership Program
Photo by Nick Wallace November 02, 2018
Local students gathered for UD alumnus led leadership program
More than 350 students from 17 local middle and high schools gathered Oct. 9 at the University of Delaware's Clayton Hall for the fifth Siegfried Youth Leadership Program.
Siegfried returns biannually to his alma mater to host this unique program in collaboration with his company, The Siegfried Group, the Center for Economic Education and Entrepreneurship (CEEE) in UD’s Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics and Junior Achievement of Delaware. The SYLP website states that the purpose of the program is to help youth in the community transform themselves to become better individual leaders, which enables them to enrich their personal and professional lives, now and in the future.
This half-day program focused on helping student participants:
- Learn how to define and reach for success
- Draw on their passions to help visualize and energize their bigger future
- Meet new, like-minded people in an exciting atmosphere
- Reflect on their dreams and ambitions
- Learn innovative tools and concepts to define, plan and realize goals
- Take initiative to become involved, build relationships and be significant
The conference will be back on UD’s campus in February 2019 to reach even more local students with Siegfried’s lessons in leadership.
For further information, please visit: https://lerner.udel.edu/seeing-opportunity/over-350-local-students-gathered-for-ud-alumnus-led-leadership-program/