Virtual Campus Tour, University of Delaware
   Campus Life: Student Centers
Only at Delaware
Academics
Campus Life
Living on Campus
Dining on Campus
Student Centers
Event Facilities
Athletic Facilities
Visit UD
Tour Home
UD Home

Diversions: Campus Life

Housing Home
Housing E-Tour
Residence Life
Special Interest
   Housing

Dining Home
Dining Locations
Campus Diversity
Campus Events
Student
   Organizations

UD Sports
Club Sports
Jobs
UD Viewbook

How to get here
Directions
Area lodging
Printable maps
Visitors' Guide

Contact us

Trabant University CenterTrabant University Center

The Trabant University Center -- named in honor of E.A. Trabant, UD president from 1968 to 1987 and from 1988 to 1990 -- opened in the spring of 1996. The 107,000-square-foot student center cost $21.3 million to build, and offers a multitude of facilities, services and programs for the University community as well as for the local community.

The Food Court, located on the first floor gallery, offers à la carte dining options, including well-known chains such as Starbucks Coffee, Chick-Fil-A, Taco Bell and Quiznos Subs. Also offered are konomi (light Japanese fare), pizza and calzones, a deli, a grab-and-go salad station and a grill for hamburgers and fries. The first floor gallery also contains the YoUDee Shop, a copy center, a travel agency, an information desk, a box office and a bank (WSFS) . In the west wing of the first floor, a multipurpose room seats 700 and is used for conferences, concerts and guest lectures. The Trabant Center's movie theatre, on the lower level, seats 250 and shows new movies, themed film series and international film series.

Daugherty Hall, part of the Trabant Center, is a quiet study area that was formerly a Presbyterian church. The historic neo-gothic structure, originally built in 1868, was completely restored and incorporated into the design of the Trabant Center.

The second floor of the Trabant University Center includes Vita Nova, a student-operated restaurant; administrative and student organization offices; and meeting rooms and lounges.

Learn more View a map Look around Video clips Fun facts

Perkins Student CenterPerkins Student Center

The John A. Perkins Student Center, named in honor of UD's president from 1950 to 1967, opened in 1958. Extensive renovations were completed in the spring of 1997.

The north wing of the Perkins Student Center is the location of the University Bookstore, where students can purchase school supplies such as textbooks, notebooks, University apparel, posters, bluebooks and more.

The Perkins eatery, The Scrounge, was renovated in the summer of 1998. It now includes a cybercafé with couches, a coffee and pastry bar, improved lighting, and a dance floor and sound equipment to accommodate a variety of programming.

The lower level of the student center contains the Hen Zone, a club for students with billiards, Ping-Pong, Plasma with gaming options TVs, air hockey, comedy acts and the Bacchus student theatre, which hosts plays, concerts, comedy nights and other special events. Other event facilities include nearly a dozen meeting rooms and two quiet lounges located throughout the building.

Offices on the second and third floors are used by some of the nearly 250 student organizations at UD. The student center also houses offices for The Review, the student-run newspaper, and WVUD, the student-run radio station.

The Center for Counseling and Student Development, above the Bookstore, offers students the opportunity to discuss any personal, educational or career-related concerns with professional counselors in individual or group sessions. The mandatory Student Health fee covers these services.

Learn more View a map Look around Video clips Fun facts

Travel to another page
Tour Home Next Stop Last Stop