Virtual Campus Tour, University of Delaware
   Academics: Libraries
Only at Delaware
Academics
Classroom Buildings
Libraries
Labs and Research
Successful Outcomes
More academic buildings
Campus Life
Visit UD
Tour Home
UD Home

Diversions: Academic Life
UD Quick Facts
Colleges, depts.
Fields of study
Course catalogs
Courses
Research centers
Special programs
Experts@UD
UD Viewbook
Admissions profile

How to get here
Directions
Area lodging
Printable maps
Visitors' Guide

Contact us

Morris LibraryMorris Library

Morris Library, built in 1963, is named in honor of UD alumnus and former trustee Judge Hugh Martin Morris (Class of 1898) who was a member of the Board of Trustees for 30 years and president of the Board from 1939 to 1959. In 1985-86, a $14 million addition to the library doubled the space for books and readers. It is the largest of five libraries at the University of Delaware, housing the main library collections. The library's collections also are housed at branch libraries: Agriculture (Townsend Hall) [temporarily at Morris Library], Chemistry (Brown Laboratory), Physics (Sharp Laboratory), and Marine Studies (Cannon Laboratory in Lewes) and the Library Annex on Wyoming Road in Newark.

Inside the LibraryThe library's resources include 2.5 million books and bound periodicals; 3.3 million items on microtext; access to thousands of electronic journals; and more than 190 networked databases. It is a depository library for the U.S. Government Printing Office and the U.S. Office of Patents and Trademarks and a repository for state of Delaware publications. The University of Delaware Library is an innovator in identifying, acquiring, and making accessible a broad range of electronic library resources.

In 2002, more than 1 million people passed through the doors of the Library, which is regularly open 100 hours per week.

Learn more View a map Look around QTVR tour Video clip Fun facts

Travel to another page
Tour Home Next Stop Last Stop