Applying to UD

a woman in a military uniform shakes hands with a UD employee

Applying to UD


We are happy you are considering the University of Delaware as you seek to further your education.

If you intend to utilize Veterans Affairs (VA) or Department of Defense (DOD) benefits to fund your education, first check the WEAMS Institution Search to confirm your program of study is approved. Please remember that although the University as a whole may be approved for benefits usage, your individual program may not be. If your program is not approved, the VA will not pay for your courses.

If you have any questions about the undergraduate admissions process, please reach out to our admissions representative, who can help with both veteran and dependent or spouse applications: Lorena Trujillo,

Application Process

Undergraduate Applications

Never Attended a University or College

Undergraduate students who have never attended a university or college—including the Community College of the Air Force and Air University—and do not have a Joint Services Transcript (JST) apply through the Common App.

Common App

Have Attended a University or College

Undergraduate students who have attended college (including the Community College of the Air Force and Air University) in the past or those who possess a Joint Services Transcript (JST) apply as a transfer student.

Transfer Student Application

Graduate and Certificate Program Applications

Graduate Programs

Applications are available on the Graduate College site for students considering graduate programs.

UD Graduate College Application

Certificate Programs

Applications for certificate programs are available through UD Professional and Continuing Studies (PCS).

PCS Application

Application Fee and Enrollment Deposit Waiver Request


Military-connected students are eligible for a waiver for the application fee and the enrollment deposit.

Any student who submits the request with copies of orders, discharge paperwork or proof of VA education benefits usage will be considered for a waiver or refund of both the application fee and enrollment deposit.

Eligibility for In-State Residency

In addition to the Student Residency Classification requirements, and the University's general policies regarding classification, any student actively using the below chapters of VA benefits will be eligible for a residency credit to be added to the account after certification has been completed and, in some cases, benefits have been received. If benefits expire, the student would revert to the out-of-state rate.

  • Chapter 33 - The Post-9/11 G.I. Bill®
  • Chapter 30 - Montgomery G.I. Bill® Active Duty (MGIB-AD)
  • Chapter 35 - Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance (DEA) Program
  • Chapter 31 - Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E)

If you are a newly admitted student, enlist in the Delaware Reserve or National Guard, and complete training prior to starting classes, please contact the Registrar’s Office at for more information.

If you feel that you meet any of the guidelines to be reclassified as an in-state student, please review relevant policies and deadlines. You are responsible for completing the reclassification application in advance of the semseter in which you are requesting reclassification.

Student Residency Policy

Transfer and Military Credit Evaluation


Your transcripts will be evaluated as a part of the admissions process. We also recommend you connect with the University Registrar to ensure your transcripts are fully assessed for all relevant credit.

In order to receive credit we will need your official transcripts (whereas unofficial transcripts are fine for the admissions process).

If you have further questions, please reach out to


New Students

Learn about campus tours, welcome events, Spring Into Success Conferences and New Student Orientation (NSO).

Orientation and Transition Programs

a speaker on a stage addresses a crowd of students and families at New Student Orientation

Transfer Students

Even though you may have attended orientation at your previous institution, you must attend NSO at UD to learn about our campus's resources, meet with an academic advisor in your college and interact with other incoming transfer students.

New Student Orientation

Welcome Ambassadors dressed in bright yellow t-shirts enthusiastically lead activities at a transfer and commuter student meetup