Support Through the Process

Community Standards & Conflict Resolution staff member consults with a student

Support for Students Throughout the Conduct Process


Students may find the student conduct process stressful or confusing. Here are some resources to help, including student conduct advisors and mental health resources on campus.

Student Conduct Advisors

Student conduct advisors are trained volunteers who can assist students through any part of the conduct process, such as attending a case intake meeting, supporting preparation for an administrative hearing or assisting in writing an appeal.

Contacting a Student Conduct Advisor

Getting in touch with a conduct advisor as early as possible will increase the chances of meeting with the advisor before a case intake meeting or administrative hearing. It is also recommended you share all relevant information (such as the incident report, e-mail notification of charges, etc.) with their advisor. Please contact only one advisor at a time.

View a current list of Conduct Advisors
Name Pronouns Department Phone Email
Nicole Young she/her/hers Human Development and Family Sciences
Katie Kondrad she/her/hers Student Life
Robin Kucharczyk, Ph.D. she/her/hers Associate in Arts Program
Maggy Fread   Residence Life & Housing
Aliyah Nelson, MS she/her/hers Student Diversity & Inclusion
Amy Rees she/her/hers UD Career Center
Ms. Becky Panichelli   Student Health Services 302-831-2227
Stephen Roberts, BS, MS he/him/his Lerner College of Business & Economics 302-831-6848
Jennifer Grelak, MA she/her/hers Center for Disabilities Studies
Judy Bell   Finance, Real Estate and Auxiliary Services 302-218-0837
Mr. Dana Chatellier   Chemistry and Biochemistry
Lori Wickline   Medical and Molecular Sciences
Tony Goldston, BA, MA he/him/his Recreation Services 302-932-5870
Carolyn Quinci, Ed.D. she/her/hers Office of the Registrar 302-831-1553
Wes Hamilton he/him/his Student Services for Athletes

What can a student conduct advisor do?


Answer questions about university policies and the student conduct process

Student conduct advisors are trained in all aspects of the University's student conduct system and can provide a safe space for answering all your questions.


Attend an administrative hearing with you

Students may request that their student conduct advisor attend the administrative hearing with them. Your advisor can help you prepare for the meeting, for example, your advisor may help you anticipate questions you might be asked, help prepare talking points for the hearing and assist in developing questions for the presenting party.

Your advisor will not speak on your behalf nor will your advisor represent you. You are expected to present your own information and speak for yourself.  If your advisor accompanies you to the hearing, you are welcome to consult with the advisor during the hearing.

If you wish to have an advisor attend an administrative hearing with you, you must notify Community Standards & Conflict Resolution as soon as possible so that your advisor’s availability can be considered when scheduling the hearing.


Advise on the content of your appeal

You are responsible for writing and submitting your own appeal.  While a student conduct advisor may help you to identify and organize your points to be included in your appeal, you are responsible for preparing your appeal according to the established guidelines and submitting it by the deadline.  An advisor will not necessarily edit your appeal or fix grammatical errors.

Advisors will most likely want to meet with you in person, even if your initial contact with them is via e-mail or telephone.

Additional Support

Exterior of the Wellbeing Center at Warner Hall

Center for Counseling and Student Development

The Center for Counseling and Student Development (CCSD) has several resources available to students to support stress management and mental health. Consider making an appointment to discuss resources or explore the online guide for self-care.

Learn More About CCSD Services

Illustration of people with disabilities

Disability Accomodations

If you wish to request an accommodation for a disability so you can fully participate in the student conduct process, please submit a request with the Office of Community Standards and Conflict Resolution. Once this form is completed, staff in the Office of Community Standards and Conflict Resolution will consult with staff in Disability Support Services to determine what reasonable accommodation will be granted.

You are expected to adhere to all deadlines established within the student conduct process whether or not the accommodation request process has been completed.

Request an Accomodation

Student using app on mobile phone

Talk with a counselor 24/7 with TimelyCare

Feeling anxious or stressed? Students now have free, 24/7 access to virtual mental health support with TimelyCare. Talk to a licensed counselor now through the TimelyCare app. Get started today.

TimelyCare Services

  1. TalkNow: 24/7, on-demand emotional support to talk about anything, including anxiety, relationships, depression and school-related stressors.

  2. Scheduled counseling*: 45-minute appointments with a licensed mental health provider in your state.

  3. Health coaching: unlimited appointments with a certified health coach to help you adopt strategies for optimal sleep, nutrition and stress management.

  4. Self-care resources: guided self-care content, including yoga, meditation and other recordings.

Learn More About TimelyCare

Register Now

Community Standards & Conflict Resolution is part of the Division of Student Life, which advances equity and inclusion, deepens student learning and drives holistic development through education, experiences and communities.