Student Initiative Fund
The Student Initiative Fund (SIF) exists so that individual residence hall students (not student groups, Residence Life & Housing staff members, or Complex Community Councils) can put on a program for their floor, building, or complex community. Planning and holding an SIF event is a great opportunity for students to have a positive impact on their community, and enhance their resume, all while having lots of fun at no or little cost to themselves.
To request funds, please complete the SIF application, online and utilize the checklist.
Any questions about whether your event qualifies? Talk to your RA, RHC/Hall Director or email anyone from the SIF Council.
- Programs will be allocated up to $100.
- There is an opportunity to request additional funding up to $40 (see section below).
- While we don't funding custom apparel, “make and takes” are a great way to get people together. (Crafts, tie-dying, etc.)
- Applications are for one-time events, but multiple applications are welcome
- Planning a competition? Prize money can be allocated up to $15.
You can request up to an additional $40 if your event qualifies for one of the following:
- Is this a service event?
- Is it going to be a late-night weekend event? (Fri. or Sat. after 9:30 p.m.)
- Is it a certified environmentally sustainable program?*
- Is it an academic event?
- Is it a cultural event?
*In order for your event to be certified environmentally sustainable, please fill out and submit the form via email upon completion of your SIF request.
Reimbursement Form: A form is emailed to you automatically the day following your SIF program. If you do not receive this form, you can find the reimbursement form here.
The Council meets every Wednesday from 1–2 p.m. in the ISE Lab, Room 417. The final meeting will be held on May 4. All programs must be completed by May 19.
All students are welcome to attend the Council Meetings to help make allocation decisions and offer suggestions for program requests.