There is a massive amount of data and surveys, including our own research, that indicates there is a huge pent up demand and opportunity for tremendous impact by empowering women students and women in the community to achieve greater success in entrepreneurial activities. Women are disadvantaged in entrepreneurship enrollment, networking, venture capital raises and access to resources, yet they desire to make societal impact and achieve financial success and control of their lives. It is estimated that several trillions of global economic impact is left on table by leaving women behind in the entrepreneurial equation.
WE Hatch seeks to unleash the potential of creative, innovative and entrepreneurial women through curriculum, programming, mentorship, and venture funding support.
WE Hatch seeks to advance creative, innovative and entrepreneurial women within UD and the broader community.
Our goals include:
- Attract and grow student, faculty and community engagement
- Optimize opportunity for women to realize their full potential as innovators and value creators
- Deliver economic and societal benefits for women and those they impact
- Broaden career choices through entrepreneurial skills and mindset
- Succeeding in male dominated industries, such as STEM/Business
- Successful value proposition and business model design
- Networking support
- Apprenticeship and mentorship
- New venture creation support
- Career change or re-start
- New venture launch
- Scaling ventures
- STEM innovation
- Upward networking
- Access to resources, including capital
WE Hatch Honor Circle
The Honor Circle recognizes women – our mothers, sisters, daughters, friends, colleagues and co-workers - who have inspired and continue to inspire us and those closest to them with their creativity, ingenuity, innovative spirit and entrepreneurial aptitude. Nominations for 2024 are being accepted until February 10, 2024.
Thank you to our sponsors