A Premier Research and Graduate University:
Increase the footprint and impact of UD research and researchers.
- Number of faculty who hold nationally recognized honorary memberships; who have been awarded prestigious fellowships (e.g., Fulbright, Humboldt); who have served as journal editors; whose expertise is sought on national-level policy issues
- Number of publications: total and per FTE tenured/tenure-eligible faculty
- Number of citations: total and per FTE tenured/tenure-eligible faculty
- Number of grant proposals
- Sponsored research expenditures: total and per FTE tenured/tenure-eligible faculty
Increase research capacity and capability.
- Number of multi-investigator, multidisciplinary research grants
- Extent of core facilities for research instrumentation, computing, etc.
- Breadth of foundation-supported activities
Improve the quality, diversity and immediate and long-term success of our students.
- Selectivity and yield of graduate admissions
- Percentage of graduate students who are members of groups underrepresented in their disciplines
- Number of graduate students holding competitive external fellowships and other prestigious awards
- Percentage of entering full-time doctoral students who complete their degree; time-to-degree rates
- Percentage of graduate students placed in prominent positions, including academia, industry and policy think tanks
Key progress indicators are available to UD faculty and staff.