Come race the University of Delaware's fast and flat course, which starts and finishes in front of the Delaware Stadium, Whitney Athletic Center, and the Bob Carpenter Center. This out and back route through the Nelson Athletic Complex and the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources will take you on a tour of the stadiums, fields and farms on UD’s South Campus. It’s a great way to be active and share your UD Homecoming spirit. Runners and walkers of all abilities are encouraged to participate and stay for post-race refreshments and award ceremony.
Thursday, October 20, 2022
Start time: 5:30 p.m.
625 South College Ave
Newark, DE US 19713
Parking free in front of the Bob Carpenter Center
Guidance for Visitors to Campus
Effective June 20, 2022
The University of Delaware campus is open to visitors, including vendors and guests, and all are strongly encouraged to be fully vaccinated before coming to campus. Campus visitors are required to follow UD’s health protocols. Anyone who hosts or sponsors a guest is responsible for sharing UD policies and ensuring that they are followed. For more information about UD's health and safety guidelines, please visit https://www.udel.edu/home/coronavirus/.
Participants will receive:
- Race T-Shirt for first 250 registrants (sizes limited)
- Post-Race Refreshments including water and snacks
- Free Cup of UDairy Ice Cream with Bib
- Chance to win Delaware State Parks and Employee Health & Wellbeing raffle prize
Bib Pick Up will be from 4:30-5:25pm on October 20, 2022 on the pavilion in between the Whitney Athletic Center and the Bob Carpenter Center.
5K will start at 5:30 PM sharp.
Award Ceremony begins at 6:30pm in between the Whitney Athletic Center and the Bob Carpenter Center pavilion.
Age Groups are the following:
- Overall Male/Female
- Overall Masters Male/Female
- Top 3 Male/Female
- 9 and under, 10-13, 14-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
*Overall and Masters - based off GUN TIME
*Age Groups - based off CHIP TIME
Participants and non-participants have the option to make a gift to one or both of the funds below and make an immediate impact on the University of Delaware community.
Blue Hen Strong Fund
Launched in 2020, the Blue Hen Strong Fund directly supports the ever-evolving needs of UD students, keeping them strong, empowered and flexible with necessary resources, experiences and opportunities throughout their time at the University. Since its launch, gifts to the Fund have helped students with safe housing, tuition support, advanced technology for online learning, career readiness opportunities, a laptop loaner program, mentoring opportunities and more.
Athletics Blue and Gold Fund
The Athletics Blue & Gold Fund provides immediate support for athletic programs, student-athlete training, nutrition, equipment and travel.
What is a virtual 5K?
A virtual 5K is a race you can run or walk anytime and anywhere you like.
How do I post my results for the 5K?
From now until Thursday October 20 5:30 p.m. you can submit your official time.
- Click the results page HERE.
- Click the Submit Virtual Results button on the right side.
- Provide your information.
- Submit your time.
- *Remember this is on the honor system.
Will my results count for age group awards?
Your virtual results do not count towards age group awards. However you can print off a finishers certificate online.
Will my SWAG be mailed to me?
- If you would like your SWAG shipped to you there will be a $4.95 shipping and handling charge that you can pay at the time of check out. SWAG will be mailed after the completion of the event on October 20th.
- You can pick up your SWAG at no charge at Captain Blue Hen Comics. If you choose to pick up your virtual SWAG, you will be emailed with dates and times for pick up.