Delaware 4-H Camps
Each summer Delaware 4-H provides many opportunities for 4-H members and the public to participate in camps. Some camp programs are offered as state-wide camps, while others are offered by individual county offices. Both day camps and overnight camps are offered.
2021 State Camp Information
If approved by the University, state 4-H camp will be in person with COVID-19 precautions. If in-person camp is not permissible, there will be a virtual state 4-H camp.
Revision to Camp Attendance Policy for Summer 2021
With plans ongoing for an in-person Delaware 4-H State Camp and Environmental Camp experience, we felt it important to share the following revisions to the attendance policy in light of in-person safety restrictions and compliance with state and university health guidance.
- Any camper of 4-H age who attended Delaware 4-H State Camp, either virtually, or in person before 2021, is eligible to register for Delaware 4-H State Camp in 2021.
- Any camper who did not attend Delaware 4-H State Camp prior to 2020 and will be a first year camper between the ages of 10-12 will be required to register for the 4-H State Environmental Camp in 2021 before being permitted to register for State Camp in subsequent years.
- Campers will be notified of their camp enrollment for 2021 once a review is made of past camp attendance.
- Registration opens April 1, 2021 for active 4-H'ers. Non 4-H'ers may register beginning May 1.
State 4-H Camp — June 14-19 (Week 1) & June 21-26 (Week 2)
Registration Fee: $325
Campers must be 10 years old and not more than 19 years old on 6/1/21 to attend this camp.
ENROLLMENT CHANGE: Only 65 campers will be accepted this year; therefore, enrollment will be offered to only "RETURNING" campers or 1st year campers who are 13 years old or older and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
This camp is held at Camp Barnes. All who are age-eligible may attend both Environmental Camp State 4-H Camp (Week 1 OR Week 2) if they are returning campers.
Environmental Camp — June 11-13, 2021
Registration Fee: $125
Campers must be 8 years old and not more than 12 years old on 6/1/21 to attend this camp. This camp is held at Camp Barnes.
- Bus transportation will ONLY be available for New Castle and Kent counties from the following locations:
- NCC Extension Office (Newark)
- Kent County Extension Office (Dover)
- People’s Plaza (Glasgow)
- Milford (Sitel site, 999 N. DuPont Blvd.)
Forms & Additonal Info