2023 CARDIOVASCULAR Research Symposium
The Center for Biomedical Research Excellence in Cardiovascular Health
8:30 am Registration and Breakfast
8:50 am Welcome and Opening Remarks
David Edwards, PhD, PI Center of Biomedical Research Excellence in Cardiovascular Health
9:00 - 9:45 am Keynote Speaker
Dr. Jaume Padilla, Associate Professor, Department of Nutrition and Exercise Physiology, University of Missouri
Presentation Title: In the hunt for new therapeutic targets and strategies to insulin re-sensitize the endothelium in obesity and type 2 diabetes
9:45 - 9:55 am Break
9:55 - 10:00 am Introduction to Short Cardiovascular Health Presentations
Freda Patterson, PhD, PC Center of Biomedical Research Excellence in Cardiovascular Health
10:00 - 10:20 am Drew Fancher, PhD, Department of Kinesiology and Applied Physiology, University of Delaware
10:20 - 10:40 am Chris Martens, PhD, Department of Kinesiology and Applied Physiology, University of Delaware
10:40 - 11:00 am Shannon Robson, PhD, Department of Health Behavior and Nutrition Sciences, University of Delaware
11:00 - 11:20 am John Slater, PhD, Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Delaware
11:30 am - 12:45 pm Lunch and Poster Session
12:45 - 1:00 pm Closing Comments and Awards
Poster abstract submission
Submission deadline is Friday, October 6th 5:00 pm.
- Abstracts should be focused on a cardiovascular health topic and submitted by 5pm, Friday, October 6th.
- By submitting an abstract, you are constituting a commitment to present.
- Abstracts presented at other meetings qualify.
- Word count for abstract text must be 250 or less.
- Authors submitting abstracts are responsible for ensuring that all co-authors have been notified.
- An author may not present more than one abstract.
- Submitting authors will be notified within one week of submission whether they have been accepted: we are limited to 40 poster presentations.
- Printed posters should be portrait orientation and no larger than 27” X 40”