health sciences summer camp
High school campers immersed in UD Health Sciences: youtube.com/watch?v=lvoGeYdVoUA
The University of Delaware College of Health Sciences is training the next generation of healthcare leaders. Are you one of them?
About the Program
The Health Sciences Summer Camp supports diversity and excellence in health profession education for students from racial and ethnic populations that are traditionally underrepresented. High school students are invited to apply for this six-day college immersion camp that is designed to prepare them for healthcare careers and the next stage of higher education. Students will interact with faculty, researchers, graduate students, and undergraduate mentors. The camp experience focuses on a variety of health science programs including Nutrition, Health Behavior Science, Nursing, Public Health, Medical Laboratory Sciences and Biotechnology, Physical Therapy, Athletic Training, Clinical Exercise Physiology, and Communication Sciences and Disorders.
Program Dates: Sunday, June 26 through Friday, July 1, 2022
Application Period: Friday, March 4th through Sunday, April 10, 2022 at 11:59PM
COVID-19 Protocol: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the University’s commitment to the health and safety of the community, the 2022 program will take place in-person. Students are required to be fully vaccinated and to submit documentation of vaccination. All students must get tested within 48 hours before coming to campus. A lab-based PCR/antigen test or home antigen tests will be accepted. Negative test results must be submitted before coming to campus. Students who test positive during their pre-arrival testing will no longer be able to participate in the program.
Program Cost: The cost of the program is free. Dormitory housing, mid-week transportation, camp supplies, and meals are covered by the College of Health Sciences.
Rising 10th, 11th, 12th grade students
- Member of one or more groups (first-generation college, underrepresented minority)
Underrepresented applicants are defined as:
Hispanic or Latino
American Indian or Alaska Native
Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander
- U.S. Residents
- Letter of Interest: Submit a well written statement answering the following:
- Why are you interested in a career in health sciences?
- What impact do you want to make in healthcare?
- How do you identify with the eligibility criteria for this program?
- Transcript: Please upload a copy of your current high school transcript
- Letters of Recommendation: Please provide (2) recommenders including their name and email address. Recommenders should provide comments about your character, abilities, and experiences that they feel are relevant to your interests and college aspirations. We will send a link for the recommender to complete the recommendation form. Recommenders can be your school counselor, teacher, school administrator, coach, mentor etc.
For More information or questions – Please contact Alyssa Benjamin via email at firstname.lastname@example.org