DIANE M. RUDOLPHI
Diane Rudolphi’s teaching experience is primarily focused in the adult medical surgical clinical area. Her specific areas of clinical expertise are with the trauma, neurosurgical and orthopedic populations. She has a particular interest in safety and in 2012 initiated an error and near miss event reporting system for medical surgical clinical students at the University of Delaware.
- M.S. Nursing Education, University of Maryland, 1991
- B.S.N. Texas Christian University, 1982
- NURS 233 Professional Nursing Practice
- NURS 264 Health Assessment Lab
- NURS 322 Pharmacology Across the Lifespan
- NURS 473 Adult Health Nursing Practicum II
- NURS 479 Virtual Clinical Preceptorship
- NURS 480 Transition to Professional Nursing Practice
- NURS 485 Integrative Practicum (Capstone Preceptorship)
- HLTH 241 Ethical Aspects of Healthcare
- Rudolphi, Diane M.; Madiraca, Jessica; Wheeler, Erlinda C. (2018) Medical-Surgical Clinical Student Error and Near-Miss Event Reporting. Nursing Education Perspectives: June 6, 2018 – – Issue –pdoi: 10.1097/01.NEP.0000000000000362
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers
Teaching and Advisement:
- Nominated Excellence in Teaching Award, 2018, 2020, Committee on Student and Faculty Honors, University of Delaware Faculty Senate, Faculty Senate recognized nomination stating it is a tribute to "excellent work with students".
- Nominated, University Faculty Senate Excellence in Undergraduate Advising and Mentoring Award, 2016, Faculty Senate Committee on Student and Faculty Honors, University of Delaware.
- University of Delaware Department of Environmental Health & Safety Award, 2019, Department of Environmental Health & Safety, Award for "contribution towards increasing safety awareness for the school of nursing undergraduate program. Initiatives improved the educational experience and better prepared the students to lead safe careers in the healthcare field".https://www1.udel.edu/ehs/newsletter/2019/Safety%20Beacon%20Summer%202019.pdf
- Top Nurses 2018, 2019 – Academic Educator, Delaware Nurses Association, Delaware Today, chosen as a Top Nurse by a survey of professional peers conducted by the Delaware Nurse Association. Listed in the Top Nurses Story in May issue of Delaware Today, http://www.delawaretoday.com/Delaware-Today/May-2018/Top-Nurses-2018/ and http://www.delawaretoday.com/Delaware-Today/May-2019/Top-Nurses-2019/
- Nominated, Study Abroad Faculty Director of the Year Award, 2016, 2019, University of Delaware Institute for Global Studies, Institute for Global Studies, Award recognizes faculty who most exemplify the university’s values in their leadership of study abroad programs.
- Excellence in Academic Advisement Award, College Health Sciences, University of Delaware, 2015
- Excellence in Undergraduate Academic Advising and Award, University of Delaware, 2014
- Excellence in Teaching Award (Nominated), University of Delaware, 2014
- “UDee Award” Best Adviser, Registered Student Organization, University of Delaware, 2014
- College Health Sciences Excellence in Service (Nominated), College Health Sciences, University of Delaware 2013
- Excellence in Undergraduate Academic Advising and Mentoring Award (Nominated), UD, 2013
- Certificate of Appreciation for Continuing Support in Service and Contribution to Safety Campus Program, UD, SON, 2012