What is ADaPT?
In the Department of Physical Therapy at the University of Delaware (UDPT), we are dedicated to preparing the next generation of physical therapy leaders for practice in an increasingly diverse world. For this reason, we are committed to increasing diversity in the physical therapy workforce so as to maximize health outcomes for all Americans. Through graduate physical therapy training here at UD, students will receive an unmatched educational experience through mentorship from a world-class faculty of researchers, clinicians and educators. Our desire is for the ADaPT program to play a critical role in ensuring that all students, regardless of their background, are well-prepared to pursue a graduate physical therapy education. Through participation in the ADaPT program, you could have the opportunity to interact with physical therapy faculty here at UD, learn about the various training opportunities available, meet other like-minded students who are pursuing a similar career path and participate in programs that will increase the likelihood of successful entry into a top-tier program such as UDPT. We hope that you will take advantage of this amazing opportunity.
Gregory E. Hicks, PT, PhD, FAPTA
Professor | Department of Physical Therapy
Associate Vice President for Clinical & Translational Research | University of Delaware
PI & Director | Delaware Clinical & Translational ACCEL Program
Funded summer research experience in the lab of a UD Physical Therapy faculty mentor.
Who is Eligible?
Rising Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors
|Other information:||Admission decisions will be based upon current cumulative undergraduate GPA, UDPT science prerequisite GPA, SAT scores, professor recommendation and quality of essay.|
- Office of Academic Enrichment
- Tutoring Options – ADaPT has resources to assist members of the program with private tutoring sessions through the Office of Academic Enrichment. Please contact Jeanne Warrington (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in private tutoring.
- Online study skills workshops
- One-on-One study skills support
Department of Physical Therapy
|Gregory E. Hicks, PT, PhD Chair & Associate Professor Director, ADaPT Program Department of Physical Therapy email@example.com||Jeanne Warrington Coordinator, ADaPT Program Academic Program Coordinator – DPT Admissions Department of Physical Therapy Phone: 302-831-8910 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Department of Kinesiology & Applied Physiology||Todd Royer, PhD Associate Professor Department of Kinesiology & Applied Physiology email@example.com||Kathy Masso Academic Advisor Department of Kinesiology & Applied Physiology firstname.lastname@example.org||Christin Taggart Academic Advisor Department of Kinesiology & Applied Physiology
|Office of Academic Enrichment||Lysbet J. Murray, Assistant Director Office of Academic Enrichment University of Delaware Phone: 302/831-4555 email@example.com|
- Interested in conducting research? Check out UDPT research to see what area meets your interest. A contact for each researcher’s lab is listed on their research page. You can also explore this option by visiting the individual research facility.
- Volunteer in the UDPT Clinic!
- Earn credit(s) in a Physical Therapy (PHYT) course to fulfill practicum credit.
- GRE prep – Contact Jeanne Warrington for more information.