bhan - Making an Advising Appointment
Academic Advisors are available by appointment and open office hours. Students who wish to discuss detailed or complex topics (such as registration planning, lifting registration holds, changing majors/minors, etc.) should schedule an appointment. Open office hours are available for quick meetings on a first-come/first-served basis and are intended for brief guidance on matters such as withdrawing, dropping/adding, course approval forms, and other topics that can be handled in five-to-ten minute sessions.
Scheduling an Appointment:
College of Health Sciences students now have access to schedule advising appointments with their Academic Advisor in the Blue Hen Success (BHS) system. For students not yet in the College of Health Sciences, please email our BHAN Academic Support Coordinator, Katie Gwaltney (firstname.lastname@example.org) or email@example.com about how to schedule an appointment.
Step One: Login to BHS Platform – udel.edu/bluehensuccess – SUCCESS Login (use UDSIS login credentials).
Step Two: From the home page, click Get Assistance.
Step Three: Click through the Schedule Advising Appointment workflow. Be sure to select a 30 minute appointment!:
- Type of Appointment – select Advising
- Reason – select Academic Advising; select reason (e.g. Meet with Assigned Advisor)
- Location – select e.g. College of Health Sciences Advisor’s Office or Virtual (new for 2020)
- Advisor – select advisor; your assigned advisor will be indicated as (Your Advisor)
Step Four: Select Appointment Time or view Drop-in Time.
- Appointment – Click into blue availability blocks to select the desired appointment time; proceed through the appointment workflow. You must click Confirm Appointment to officially schedule the appointment!
- Drop-in Time – Click the View Drop-in Times to see details of their office hours & location. Please note that hours are subject to change. No appointments necessary for Drop-in time. During registration periods, Jennifer and Jordan will host drop-in hours which will be posted in Blue Hen Success. Please check there for the most updated information
Step Five: As with any system, remember to Logout when you’re done.
If you can’t find your advisor’s availability, please contact them directly via phone/email/office hours to learn how to best schedule with them.