Resources and links
- Curriculum Vitae [ pdf ]
- B.S. Animal Science, Cornell University
- M.S. Animal Nutrition, Purdue University
- Ph.D. Animal Nutrition, Purdue University
- ANFS 101 Introduction to Animal Science
- ANFS 111 Animal and Food Sciences Laboratory
- ANFS 251 Animal Nutrition
- ANFS 261 Pet Nutrition
- ANFS 417 Beef Cattle and Sheep Production
- ANFS 418 Swine Production
- ANFS 419 International Animal Agr.; Study Abroad in New Zealand
- AGRI 240 Sustainable Farm Management
Honors and awards
- USDA Excellence in College and University Teaching – National Award. 1998
- Outstanding Teaching Award. College of Agricultural Sciences. University of Delaware. 1992
- University of Delaware, Distinguished Teaching Award from UD-On-line. 2007
- University of Delaware Excellence in Teaching Award. 2003
- Purdue University Distinguished Agricultural Alumni Award. 2004
- YOUDEE Leadership Award: Outstanding Club Advisor (Equestrian Team), 2002, 2007, 2009
- Agriculture College Council Academic Advising Award Recipient. 2008, 2014, 2019
- MVP Most Valuable Professor Award, Women’s Basketball 2017, 2019; Men’s Basketball 2018
- Alpha Lambda Delta National Academic Honorary Society – Faculty Award and Lifelong Membership. 1998
- Alpha Gamma Rho Faculty Appreciation Award. 1995
- Mortar Board National Honor Society Faculty Award (for service to students). University of Delaware. 1991
- Chieffo L. and L. Griffiths. Here to Stay: Increasing Acceptance of Short‐term Study Abroad Programs. (Ch 21) In Practice and Research in Study Abroad. Edited by R. Lewin. Routledge Press. (2009)Chieffo L. and L. Griffiths. LIFE Abroad: A Unique Model for Study Abroad. IIE Networker, Fall 2006.Gleason M., Chieffo L. and L. Griffiths. Study Abroad and McNair Scholars: A Partnership for Success! IIE Network web publication. 2005. http://www.iienetwork.org/?p=71205
- Griffiths, L., Kitto, S., Halbrendt, C. And T. Mullins. Are gene altered plants an ecological threat?: A case study. Problem-Based Learning Clearinghouse. 4/01.
- Kitto, S.L., L.G. Griffiths, and J. Pesek. A long-term study of knowledge, ethics and risk for students enrolled in an introductory biotechnology course. Journal of Animal Science. 81:1348. 2003.
- Chieffo, L and L. Griffiths. What’s a month worth? Student perceptions of what they learned abroad. International Educator. Volume 12:4. Fall 2003.
- Chieffo, L. and L. Griffiths. Short-Term Study Abroad It Makes a Difference! IIE Networker, Spring 2004.
- Chieffo L. and L. Griffiths. Large-Scale Assessment of Student Attitudes After a Short-Term Study Abroad Program. Frontiers: The Interdisciplinary Journal of Study Abroad. Volume 10. 2004.
- Gleason M., Chieffo L. and L. Griffiths. Study Abroad and McNair Scholars: A Partnership for Success! IIE Network web publication. http://www.iienetwork.org/?p=71205
- Chieffo L. and L. Griffiths. LIFE Abroad: A Unique Model for Study Abroad. IIE Networker, Fall 2006.