Extension Disaster Education Network
The mission of EDEN is to provide encouragement and support to local extension workers across the U.S. as they:
- Build working relationships with their local and state emergency management networks.
- Provide educational programs on disaster preparation and mitigation.
- Assume locally appropriate roles during disasters.
- Collaborate in recovery efforts.
EDEN Annual Meeting Registration is OPEN! EDEN’s Annual Meeting will be September 17th-20th in Spokane, Washington and will celebrate the 25th anniversary of EDEN. The Meeting Committee and local hosts are hoping to make this meeting impactful by providing a forum where important issues and ideas can be discussed.
Home and Food Safety
Recent storms have caused damage to trees, landscapes, and homes across the country. Many trees are too large for homeowners to safely remove. With over 50 fatalities yearly nationwide for professionals removing or pruning trees, the rate is much higher for people not trained in specialized tree work.
Ag Safety Conference
The Delaware Farm Bureau’s third annual Delaware Ag Safety Conference will be held in the Ag Commodities Building at the State Fairgrounds in Harrington on Wednesday, March 6, 2019, from 10:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Keynote speaker is Dr. Kerry Richards, presentation Reducing Pesticide Exposure, approved for one pesticide credit.
USDA, Agriculture & Environment
AFRI Foundational & Applied Science Program Application
There has been a recently released request for applications (RFA) for the AFRI Foundational & Applied Science program. The information needed to submit an application for the agricultural biosecurity coordination network funding is provided below; the complete RFA is also attached.
- Promoting Disaster Preparedness for Delaware’s Aging Population
- Reducing the Impact of Disasters through Education
- Delaware Emergency Management Agency (DEMA)
- Disaster Preparedness
- Pesticide Safety Education Program
- New Disaster Assistance Discovery Tool For Farmers, By Farmers
- Preparing for Emergencies as a Goat Farmer