Leadership is a significant component of Delaware's 4-H experience. We encourage youth to embrace opportunities to lead at the club, community, county and state levels. Members that distinguish themselves at the state level are encouraged to apply for experiences at the national level.
National 4-H Congress is one of the premiere experiences for 4-H members across the country to participate in. Since 1922, members of the 4-H program have been gathering to celebrate the successes and accomplishments of 4-H at this event. National 4-H Congress provides a life-changing experience for youth to meet other 4-H members from across America, as they participate in educational workshops focusing on diversity, cultural experiences, leadership, team development, and of course having fun!
Registration for eligible 4-H Members is available in 4H Online.
Delaware 4-H State Teen Conference
Every winter, 4-H Members 13 and older are invited to University of Delaware’s Newark campus to join DE 4-H State Teen Council members as they lead workshops on leadership, teambuilding, STEM, Healthy Living and Community Service.
National 4-H Conference
The National 4-H Conference is the annual premiere national civic engagement opportunity for 4-H members (15-19 years old) across the country. Conference is a hands-on, working conference in which delegates participate in a variety of programs and activities. Participants have the opportunity to practice and apply in a real world setting their newly-developed and refined skills.
Delaware 4-H’ers in good standing, currently in their sophomore or junior year of high school, are encouraged to apply.
The National Ignite for 4-H Summit held in spring offers an immersive, three-day experience where youth dive into the issues, expand career horizons and grow as leaders while working with and learning from other teens and experts with shared passions. Focal topics include Healthy Living, Agri-Science and STEM.
The Delaware 4-H State Teen Council is led by three officers and three county representatives who serve as ambassadors for 4-H Youth Development and Delaware Cooperative Extension.
Each year, these young men and women spend countless hours planning philanthropic and other meaningful public service activities that have a direct impact on the lives of all Delawareans.
Health and Wellness Ambassadors
Delaware 4-H Health & Wellness Ambassadors are official representatives and promoters of holistic healthy living, including fitness, nutrition, mindfulness and substance use prevention. Come on board with us to share your passion for health and wellness and gain valuable community outreach experience.
Purpose of the National 4-H Dairy Conference is to help selected 4-H youth:
- increase their understanding of the dairy industry;
- learn about additional vocational and professional opportunities in the dairy industry;
- practice good citizenship, group participation and leadership responsibilities; and
- develop additional individual initiative and competence in areas of special interest and aptitude in the dairy field and related areas.
CWF Program Goals and Objectives
- Learn the meaning and importance of the Democratic process
- Explore the history of the Presidency, the election process, and the role of the press
- Discover the intricacies of the Executive Branch and careers in politics
- Practice your role in citizenship through service, civic education, and engagement
Delaware 4‐H Legislative Day promotes Delaware 4‐H. It is an educational opportunity to learn about Delaware’s government and an opportunity to express appreciation to our legislators for their continued support of 4‐H.
(Check or Cash Only)
Youth will participate in various workshops, such as:
- Legislative Hall Session with Legislator
- Public Archives Workshop
- Tour of Legislative Hall
- Superior Court Workshop
- A Balancing Act: Delaware and the Constitution
- “Stories of the Green” Walking Tour