Recipe: Water with a Twist!
Water with a Twist!
This 4-H Healthy Habits student recipe is simple and will have you craving water all day long! With added fruit and vegetables, your rehydration will also include essential vitamins and nutrients. Please prepare with the assistance of an adult.
- 2-3 pieces of fruit or vegetables, such as:
- Water, about 8 cups
- (Plain water or seltzer, best if chilled)
- Gently rinse fruits or vegetables under cold running water and cut into slices.
- Add slices to a pitcher of water or to individual cups of water.
- Squeeze citrus to release more flavor into the water.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Eat the fruit as you drink or when you’re done!
- Feel free to mix and match different fruits and vegetables!
- About 8 single-cup servings
Food Safety Note
- Keep cold or drink within 2 hours.
- Can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
A recipe video for making Water with a Twist!: youtube.com/watch?v=Jxy1jRE6ohM