Recipe: Beet and Apple Salad
Find out how YOU can get involved!
Hands-on experiential learning for UD undergrads!
Read our latest accomplishments!
Browse available resources.
Submit a sample today.
Analyses to help manage your land.
Chat with a DE Master Gardener.
You have questions. We have answers!
Contact UD Extension staff.
Protect your family, friends and community.
Beet and Apple Salad
- 1 large red beet (or 2 small red beets)
- 4 apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt (to taste)
- Wash the beet and peel if desired. (If you peel the beet it will taste less earthy.)
- Grate the beet and the apples into a large bowl.
- For the dressing, mix the lemon juice, honey and salt.
- Pour the dressing over the grated beet and apples. Mix well.
- Serve chilled.
A recipe video for making Beet and Apple Salad.: youtube.com/watch?v=zkNMOvdoMd0
This material was funded by USDA's Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program - SNAP.