Recipe: Peas and cucumbers
Find out how YOU can get involved!
Hands-on experiential learning for UD undergrads!
Read our latest accomplishments!
Browse available resources.
Submit a sample today.
Analyses to help manage your land.
Chat with a DE Master Gardener.
You have questions. We have answers!
Contact UD Extension staff.
Protect your family, friends and community.
Peas and Cucumbers
- 16 oz. package frozen peas or fresh shell peas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 2 large English cucumbers
- 1 small ham steak, cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
Nutrient content per serving
- Calories — 126
- Carbs — 13g
- Protein — 8g
- Fat — 5g
- Sodium — 293mg
- Fiber — 3g
- Sauté red onion in olive oil until translucent.
- Add peas and continue to sauté keeping the peas crisp tender.
- Add cucumbers and cubed ham. Sauté lightly for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold as a side dish or a salad.
Recipe compliments of Gail Hermenau, University of Delaware Cooperative Extension Master Food Educator, Master Gardener and Master Composter.
A recipe video for making Peas and Cucumbers: youtube.com/watch?v=kAgesY7Dkos
This material was funded by USDA's Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program - SNAP.