Recipe: Eggplant delight
Browse available resources.
You have questions. We have answers!
Contact UD Extension staff.
Read our latest accomplishments!
Find out how YOU can get involved!
Hands-on experiential learning for UD undergrads!
Submit a sample today.
Analyses to help manage your land.
Chat with a DE Master Gardener.
Protect your family, friends and community.
Protect your flock.
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced into ½ inch rounds
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté until browned.
- Remove the onion to a bowl, and place eggplant slices in the hot skillet. Fry on both sides until browned and tender.
- Season with salt and pepper. When eggplant is tender, top slices with onion and cover with cheese. Allow cheese to melt for a few minutes before serving.
Recipe developed by Eva Rottman-Oehler, Master Food Educator volunteer, University of Delaware Cooperative Extension