Recipe: Eggplant appetizer
Browse available resources.
You have questions. We have answers!
Contact UD Extension staff.
Read our latest accomplishments!
Find out how YOU can get involved!
Hands-on experiential learning for UD undergrads!
Submit a sample today.
Analyses to help manage your land.
Chat with a DE Master Gardener.
Protect your family, friends and community.
Protect your flock.
- 5 eggplants, peeled and cubed
- 5 green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 5 tomatoes, chopped
- 5 onions, chopped
- 1 ½ Tbsp. white sugar
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup water
- Place eggplant, bell pepper, tomato and onion into a large pot. In a small bowl, stir together the sugar, salt, oil, vinegar and water.
- Pour over the vegetables. Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Cool, then serve with chips.
Recipe developed by Eva Rottman-Oehler, Master Food Educator volunteer, University of Delaware Cooperative Extension