Recipe: Chilled Asparagus Salad with Lemon-Dijon Vinaigrette
Browse available resources.
Submit a sample today.
Analyses to help manage your land.
Chat with a DE Master Gardener.
You have questions. We have answers!
Contact UD Extension staff.
Protect your family, friends and community.
Chilled Asparagus Salad with Lemon-Dijon Vinaigrette
- 2 bunches of asparagus, washed and ends trimmed (about 30-40 spears)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar (can use white vinegar)
- 2-3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey (vegans: use agave syrup)
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Fill a large bowl with water and ice. Set aside
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the asparagus and cook for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain quickly and immediately transfer to the ice bath for 2 minutes to cool.
- For the vinaigrette, whisk together the ingredients until emulsified.
- Thoroughly drain the asparagus and blot with paper towels. Toss the asparagus with the vinaigrette and arrange the spears on a platter. You can chill in the refrigerator for another 15-20 minutes to allow the vinaigrette to absorb further into the asparagus.
A recipe video for making Chilled Asparagus Salad with Lemon-Dijon Vinaigrette: youtube.com/watch?v=Nd3Hi0jM01g
This material was funded by USDA's Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program - SNAP.