Recipe: Broccoli Salad
Video: Broccoli salad: youtube.com/watch?v=k8V_2CzYZqc
Availability of broccoli in Delaware: June - August
Broccoli provides you with fiber, and vitamins A and D, and what’s great is it provides these whether fresh or frozen! It can be added to stir-fry, as a plain side with lean meats, or as part of a salad as featured in this week’s recipe.
Makes 8 servings
- 1 bunch broccoli, washed and cut into pieces
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup Low-fat mayonnaise (or plain non-fat yogurt)
- 2 Tablespoons Apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 slice Turkey bacon, crumbled (optional)
- Combine in a large bowl broccoli, onion, bacon, and raisins.
- In separate bowl, mix mayonnaise, vinegar, and sugar.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture over broccoli, mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate. (Refrigerate at least 1 to 2 hours before serving)
Source: North Carolina EFNEP