Delaware Fit Biz
About the program
Delaware Fit Biz is not just another worksite wellness program, but a menu of health behavior change strategies designed to create a culture of health within Delaware worksites. Through the implementation of policy, systems and environmental changes (PSEs), supported by technical assistance, marketing and coordinated educational programming, Delaware Fit Biz will ensure that the healthiest choice is the easiest choice for your employees!
- Worksite Wellness Committees
- Healthy & Productive Meetings
- Dining & Menu Guidelines for Worksite Café
- Healthy Vending
- Worksite Farmers Markets
- Community Supported Agriculture Programs (CSAs)
- Worksite Community Gardens
- Breastfeeding-Friendly Worksites
- Physical Activity Integration and Clubs
- Tobacco Cessation
- Mental Wellness
UD Extension Commitments
- Provide 6-9 months of technical assistance:
- Worksite Wellness Coordinator training
- Initial assessment
- PSE strategy selection / planning / implementation
- Final assessment / evaluation
- Worksite certification
- Provide access to Delaware Fit Biz Learning Community
- Professional development and learning opportunities for Worksite Wellness Coordinators and employees
- To qualify, worksites must:
- Have at least full-time 35 employees
- A Worksite Wellness Coordinator or lead contact person for project
- Have willingness and means to implement three PSE strategies over 6-9 month project period
- Have a webcam and access to free Zoom video communication software for video call communication with your Delaware Fit Biz Coach
- Report data during project period and, periodically, after
Interested in more?
Check out these other Health and Nutrition Programs offered by UD Cooperative Extension!
Food Safety Programs
Dining with Diabetes
For more information on worksite health or to register to become a Delaware Fit Biz, please contact:
Nancy R. Mears, MS, CHES, SNS
Extension Agent II
The Mission of the Lt. Governor's Challenge is to improve the quality of life of all Delawareans ... We want to share your successful health and wellness programs, policies and environmental changes! Nominate yourself, your organization or someone you know.
Podcast: The State of Health in Delaware: A Movement to Improve Health and Wellnes
Nothing changes without real purpose. Lt. Governor Bethany Hall-Long speaks with Nancy Mears from the University of Delaware’s Cooperative Extension Program about UD’s worksite wellness partnership with Purdue in Sussex County...
Delaware Fit Biz?